Gambling addiction can interfere with your finances, relationships and life. Cascadia offers free individual, group and couples counseling for Oregon residents. Treatment is customized for each client and can help you regain control of your life, deal with the stresses and problems created by gambling, and can help you build new skills to help you reduce your dependence on gambling.
For more than 20 years we have been changing lives, restoring hope, and promoting lasting recovery. We have specialized training and years of experience addressing all of the challenges that come with gambling addiction. We understand that addictive gambling can be relentless and unforgiving. It can destroy not only the life of the gambler but also impacts the financial and emotional safety of their friends and family. The first step is recognizing and acknowledging the gambling issue.
A recipient of the Oregon Treatment Program Awardee of Excellence, our treatment uses addictions and mental health approaches to help you regain control of your life. Any eligible adults dealing with a gambling problem, that are in need of help, are welcome to utilize our services.
Get Help Now
Problem Gambling Services
All of our clients receive free and confidential individual counseling from a highly trained gambling treatment specialist. Individual counseling provides a safe place to talk about sensitive issues and to learn new skills for addressing gambling and the effects of gambling. The client and clinician collaborate to create a custom recovery plan based on each individual’s experiences, circumstances, and preferences.
Group therapy is probably the most effective intervention available for problem gamblers in recovery. Our groups provide education, expand insight, and increase confidence and competence for those who attend.
Available Support Groups
For partners and family of gamblers, addressing the addiction is one of the most difficult aspects for a person seeking treatment. Family and friends frequently do not know how to bring up the issue of addiction therapy. Cascadia helps family and friends in addressing the addiction issue while encouraging a supportive environment for everyone involved.
Help for friends
Involving family and friends in focused treatment programs can be the deciding factor in successful addiction recovery by:
- Developing an overall understanding of the addiction
- Providing the education and tools to prevent enabling addictive behaviors
- Educating family and friends on communication skills building a strong support group for both the addict and the entire family
After visiting one of our locations for an in-person assessment, you may qualify for online individual treatment, via Skype. This service is for those individuals, problem gambler or significant other, who are not able to come to one of our established treatment centers. This can be an attractive option for those who aren’t easily able to travel to one of our locations.
Problem Gambling Prevention
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare offers Problem Gambling Prevention Services in Clackamas County. There are two main goals for problem gambling prevention: outreach aimed at increasing the general public’s awareness of problem gambling and preventing problem gambling.
What are some examples of problem gambling prevention activities?
The problem gambling prevention specialist is available to fit your needs:
- They can teach the “Stacked Deck” curriculum, which is an evidenced-based problem gambling prevention program for high school students. The series of interactive lessons use a variety of methods to engage students while learning about gambling prevention.
- Middle school youth have an opportunity to participate in the Oregon Health Authority’s Problem Gambling Awareness Art Search. Every year middle school youth create art with a message of building awareness around problem gambling. The top 12 submissions are then created into a special calendar that is distributed throughout the state.
- Cascadia prevention specialists can give presentations to any of the following populations: drug and alcohol or mental health groups, older adults, college students, or veterans. They are able to do tabling events, public service announcements, and education sessions at places such as libraries or other businesses.
What are the costs?
Cascadia provides free problem gambling prevention services for anyone in Clackamas County. If you are outside of Clackamas County, we can help find you other community resources to fit your needs.
If you are interested in having a Cascadia’s Problem Gambling prevention specialist at your organization, contact us today.
Problem Gambling Awareness Month
Every year March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month. Are you interested in having a problem gambling prevention activity to help raise awareness? Cascadia hosts events every March for this cause.