COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Update
During this challenging time, Cascadia is working in parallel with Multnomah County and the Oregon Health Authority, as well as following CDC (Center for Disease Control & Prevention) and WHO (World Health Organization) guidelines to protect our employees, clients, and community members. We take this outbreak very seriously.
Cascadia has an Incident Command Center Team – led by Chief Medical Officer Jeffrey Eisen – to ensure a consistent approach across the agency.
- We are insuring we have adequate supplies for prevention and preparedness.
- We have protocols in place for clients and colleagues with suspected signs or symptoms of flu or coronavirus.
- We have cleaning plans in place for each site, where sanitizing is happening multiple times throughout the day.
- We are limiting external access at our residential facilities for individuals with signs or symptoms of cold, flu, or coronavirus.
- We have plans in place to address absenteeism among our staff.
- We are reaching out to our most vulnerable community members — including those who are houseless, or have limited access to information and resources – to make sure they have trustworthy information.