The Heart of Cascadia
At the heart of everything we do are people: the individuals we serve, our colleagues and team members, our health partners and the community around us.
Wellness is realized when we focus our attention on the whole person, through a trauma-informed, person-first approach to care. Cascadia is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for everyone in our community, while enhancing our employees’ ability to bring their best, most authentic selves to the work they do.
Values and aspirations.
- We are culturally responsive to clients and ensure treatment effectiveness to all. We strive to have our staff composition reflect our community.
- We strive to create a work environment of inclusion, safety and acceptance.
- We offer fair, open and transparent access to opportunities for growth and promotion for employees.
- We strive to be a leader in effective incorporation of equity, diversity and inclusion into our work with, and on behalf of, those with mental health and substance use challenges, including the support we provide to address trauma experiences and primary care needs.
- We strive to reach a broader group of clients – immigrants, refugees, migrant workers, and non-English speakers. We will continue our commitment to reducing the incarceration of the mentally-ill, people of color, disabled and other at-risk groups. Our services are responsive to the specific needs of underserved individuals.
- We strive to be seen as a great place to work and an employer of choice in the Portland market. We are known as a safe, respectful, and reliable place to come.
- We treat everyone with empathy and compassion in recognition and acknowledgment of the persistent exclusion and rejection so many face in this world.
A culturally responsive organization.
Cascadia is incorporating a new measurement of success – one that gauges how well we are doing in the areas of:
- Commitment, governance and leadership
- Racial equity policies and implementation practices
- Organizational climate, culture and communications.
We assess these areas through a thorough evaluation across the agency to ensure we are performing as a culturally responsive organization. We post our annual evaluations on our website, and identify areas of improvement each year.