Mental health affects everyone, and breaking down the stigma and the silence surrounding mental health is one of the most important things we can do.
This month Cascadia is focused on getting the message out that we all need help sometimes and sharing, connecting and communicating are all reinforcements to positive mental health. It is important to know where to turn to for support and this is why Cascadia will be engaging with our partners, community and employees throughout the month.
Here are some great ways for you to get involved — and share with your friends and family:
- Mental Health First Aid training each Friday in May – open to anyone!
- May 17th Grit & Grace storytelling event brought to us by Asha International, and featuring nine storytellers, including Cascadia senior director of Peer Wellness, Meghan Caughey and Cascadia CEO, Derald Walker.
- May 20th NAMI 5K Walk— this fun and health activity is a great way to show support for mental health awareness.
- Talk with your friends and family. Share your stories, and reassure each other that help is here when it is needed.
- And, don’t forget that taking care of your physical health goes hand-in-hand with mental health.
Understanding mental health will help shape and build a thriving community. Cascadia is here to help, and we are proud to have that as our mission.